At Nugget Casino Resort we want all of our guests to have fun and to enjoy our property safely. The majority of guests enjoy our various forms of gambling and non-gambling amenities responsibly. However, for a small portion of the population, gambling can become more than a game, and lead to serious consequences for both the gambler and their family.
KNOW THE WARNING SIGNS
If you or someone you know answers ‘yes’ to any of these questions, consider seeking professional help or advice by calling the National Problem Gambling Helpline at 800-522-4700 or by visiting www.nevadacouncil.org.
For the Gambler:
Gambling to escape worry or trouble
Gambling to get money to solve financial difficulties
Unable to stop playing regardless of winning or losing
Gambling until the last dollar is gone
Losing time from work due to gambling
Borrowing money to pay gambling debts
Neglecting family because of gambling
Lying about time and money spent gambling
For the Family
- Unexplained financial problems
- Reduced involvement in social/group activities outside the home
- Emotional distress, anger, depression
- Lack of communication among family members
- Items of value lost or missing
- Family members working overtime or taking a second job to make ends meet
- One member (gambler) noticeably absent from or disinterested in normal family activities
What can you do if you have a problem?
Problem gaming is an illness that strikes individuals from all walks of life, but fortunately, it can be treated. Counselors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide information on available treatment and support groups for both the gambler and those affected by the gambler's problem. All calls are completely confidential.